1.All water networks were pressure tested on arrival.
2. The water main supplying the kitchen and water storage tanks failed.
3. All other networks passed the pressure test
4. A leak rete of 1.5 liters / minute was recorded.
5. The water main was located and mapped out.
6. Various connections were identified running across the boundary to the adjoining garage next door but are deem inactive at present.
7. An acustic survey was carried out on the ground level above the pipe run. The results were inconclusive.
8. Hydrogen/nitrogen mixed tracer gas then introduced into the pipe network via the stop cock under the kitchen sink.
9. Tracer gas were initially found in the front in different areas of the front car park. Due to wind scatter, the procedure had to be repeated several times to identify an exact location.
10. With the aid of our GPR equipment we identify an exact location on the grass verge close to the road.
11. We were able to dig and expose the broken lead water main with little disruption to the front carpark.
12. We cut out a section a 400mm section of pipe and replaced it with hydradare and two philmac ¾ fittings.
13. There was a weep on the stop cock under the sink so we replaced it with a philmac quarter turn valve.
14. The pipe was backed filled with bagged sand and topped off with top soil and the original sod.
15. The pipe was tested for 1 hour under 4 bar pressure and held.